Owl Baby MassageHealth and wellbeing
Baby Massage is a unique experience between Parent, Carer and babies promoting nurturing touch and communication in early weeks and months of life. Using gentle massage strokes, touch is a way of a baby learning about their world, environment, and their, own self, by sending messages through the skin, thus building a bonding relationship, between parent and child, developing a special love and trust unique to themselves and their family unit.
Owl Baby Massage classes are an opportunity to follow an inspirational programme, developed by Vimula McClure founder of The International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM).
IAIM classes are led by trained instructors and are now available in 40 countries throughout the world.
Glenda Lovell, of Owl Baby Massage, attended a residual training course set by the IAIM and achieved the Certificate of Certified infant Massage instructor in June 2012.
Benefits of baby Massage:
- Promotes and encouraging a bonding relationship between parent and child
- Promotes early communication skills and encourages a positive interaction between parent and child
- Relief of pain and discomfort namely Colic, digestive disturbances, constipation, congestion and teething
- Promotes relaxation, aids improvement of sleep patterns. Relieve of stress, for example crying
- Aids muscle, eye‚Äìhand coordination for control of crawling and sitting positions
- Promote social awareness. Stimulation of the nervous and blood circulation system
- The classes provides a supportive and friendly environment for parents to meet
Type of provision
Universal - This is for everyone, including people with special educational needs and disabilities
|SEN information report|
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|
|Address||Hyde Lane, Creech St Michael, Taunton TA3 5QQ|