Purple Elephant Family SupportLeisure, Life skills, Training and employment
Purple Elephant runs services for families in Frome and surrounding villages, who are experiencing challenges or barriers to inclusion, or who have support needs. Our holiday activities are open to any family in Somerset with additional needs or disabilities.
Our services include:
- Frome Toy Library – twice weekly stay and play sessions for families with preschool children, with access to parent support plus a large library of play resources to borrow.
- Small Steps – early intervention service for families with preschool children who need targeted support with parenting and related issues, with twice weekly support group and 1:1 support.
- Family Holiday Fun – family activities during each school holiday run by support workers and accessible for those with SEND.
- Befriending service – for children ages between 5 and 12 years who need a friend, trusted adult, and positive role model.
- Frome Children’s Festival – an annual project working with young people to design and deliver a free one day, accessible, family event in Frome.
All our services are either free or very low cost to access.
All our services are open to families who have any kind of support needs, including SEND. Families must live in Frome or surrounding villages (our holiday activities are open to any family living in Somerset if they have SEND). Families can be referred by other organisations or can self refer. The Toy Library and Children’s Festival are open to everyone irrespective of their support needs.
Type of provision
Universal - This is for everyone, including people with special educational needs and disabilities
|SEN information report|
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|
|Address||Cheese & Grain, Justice Lane, Frome, UK|