Somerset Armed Forces CovenantInformation, advice and guidance
Somerset Armed Forces Covenant (SAFC) brings together charities, local authorities, other public sector organisations, businesses, communities, individuals and the military in a pledge of support between local residents and the armed forces community in Somerset. One of its aims is to increase awareness of the help it can offer to armed forces personnel, young and old, serving and retired and their families.
As part of this aim some of the charities involved want to raise awareness of the help and support they can offer and emphasize that the offer extends to families of people who have served in the forces eg an adult who has a parent that is serving or has served could be supported. So if people have a family connection then one of the charities might provide appropriate help and support in times of need.
The charities involved are:
- SSAFA (Soldiers Sailors Airmen and Families Association)
- Go Commando
- The Royal British Legion
- ABF The Soldiers’ Charity
- RAF Families Federation
Other charities connected are:
- Help For Heroes – provides direct, practical support for wounded, injured and sick veterans, servicemen and women and their loved ones.
- Seafarers UK – aim to improve the quality of life for seafarers and their families in times of need.
- BLESMA (Limbless Veterans Charity) – assists limbless veterans to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- 4-40 Volunteers – provide low level practical support to the wives and partners of 40 Commando Royal Marines.
- Relate – provide relationship support to Armed Forces. Relate has been chosen by the Navy, Army and Air Force to provide relationship support.
For more information visit www.somerset.gov.uk/forcescovenant
Type of provision
Universal - This is for everyone, including people with special educational needs and disabilities
|SEN information report|
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|