Somerset Choice Advice ServiceEducation and learning, Information, advice and guidance
The Somerset Choice Advice Service is a free impartial service to help families with school admissions, appeals and transitions.
- can provide impartial information on school admissions and appeals, how the over subscription criteria affects applications, infant class size legislation and school transport
- offers advice, information and support by phone, text, email, online or face to face meetings
- exists to ensure that parents are able to play an active and informed role in securing a school place for their child
- have advisors trained in School Admissions and Appeals and SEND law and policy – the advisor is experienced in giving information, advice and support to families
- is a universal service for families
Information can be provided about all schools in your area, however it is families who decide the best choice to make for their child’s requirements.
The Choice Advice Service cannot guarantee or offer a place at a specific school. You can also find information about the Choice Advice Service on the SENDIAS website
You can also find information about choosing a school on the Local Offer.
Type of provision
Universal - This is for everyone, including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|
|Address||The Choice Advice Service Somerset SENDIAS The Hollies Childrens Centre South Street Taunton TA1 3AG|