There is a flood alert in effect. Please stay safe and follow the latest Flooding information and advice.


Early Years Area SENCOs are Advisory Teachers with a high level of experience in working with young children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and their families. Early Years Inclusion Advisers are qualified early years graduates, specialising in SEND, who support early years providers with their inclusive practice.

Tailored advice and practical support is offered to Early Years providers about strategies to support young children with the highest level of special educational needs and facilitate their transition to compulsory schooling through the school entry planning process.

Through regular meetings with settings, visits to settings, training and termly workshops, we provide training and ongoing support to Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs) and practitioners in Early Years settings. We support settings to meet their statutory duties within the SEND Code of Practice, including advice with Education Health and Care needs assessments and annual reviews.

Our team works closely with the specialist Early Years Educational Psychologists and other professional colleagues from within Education, Health and Social Care within the Multi Agency Identification and Support in the Early Years (MAISEY) process.

We work in partnership with parents and carers through our conversations with, and visits to, Early Years settings and attend multi-agency meetings for individual children.

Early Years Area SENCOs are part of the Early Years SEND Service.

Type of provision

Targeted - This is for people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families

Contact details

SEN information report

Centre information

Accessibility and adjustments

Wheelchair access Yes
Information about wheelchair access
Additional SEN information


Address Somerset Early Years Area SENCO and Maisey, B3 South, County Hall, Taunton TA1 4DY

Is this information correct?

Update record

If you would like to update the information on your record please use the form below.