The Children’s TrustCare and support, Cognition and learning, Education and learning, Life skills, Respite and short breaks, Sensory and/or physical needs
The Children’s Trust runs the UK’s largest rehabilitation centre for children with brain injury.
It also provides
- education for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- a range of therapies and care for children with complex health needs
- short breaks and holiday camps
- support for children across the county with brain injuries who have returned home
- online information and support for parents.
Each child has an individual programme of therapy, education and care. It is funded by NHS England via National Specialist Commissioning or via Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
We provide a nurse-led service for children who are technology-dependent. This includes children who
- have a complex tracheostomy
- require artificial ventilation
- fed via parenteral nutrition
- need central line management and intravenous medication.
Our Brain Injury Community Team supports children and young people in challenges around cognition, communication and behaviour and gives them the best opportunity to succeed in school. The team works closely with the child’s family, school and local agencies.
Type of provision
Specialist - This is for a small group of people with significant special educational needs and disabilities and their families
Accessibility and adjustments
|Information about wheelchair access|
|Additional SEN information|
|Address||The Children's Trust, Tadworth Court, Tadworth, KT20 5RU|