If you, or someone else close to you is concerned about a drug or alcohol habit that may be getting out of hand there is a range of confidential information and advice available.
For information about alcohol:
For information about drugs:
Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS)
If you would like more than information and would like to talk to someone about accessing help in Somerset for yourself a friend or a family member, Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS) is set up to help.
Whether it’s drugs or alcohol, and whatever your age, SDAS is available for you. SDAS can offer early interventions to help people before their problems worsen and treatment options to help people become drug and alcohol free. Housing related support is also available.
To access some of these interventions get in touch with Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS).
If you have had support with drug or alcohol use before in Somerset, but feel like you need more support phone 0300 303 87 88.
Family Drug and Alcohol Court (FDAC) – part of Family Solutions Somerset
FDAC is an alternative problem-solving court for care proceedings for families where drug and alcohol are a significant factor.
The specialist independent family court team is made up of social workers, substance misuse and mental health workers and a psychologist. FDAC provides a dynamic risk assessment and co-ordinates an intervention plan for parents during care proceedings.
FDAC is focussed on motivating parents to take responsibility for making changes to their own lives, positively changing their behaviour and working towards achieving abstinence from substance misuse to improve their children’s lives.
How it will help you
- Builds on parent’s potential and motivation to change.
- Provides quick access to support and regular drug testing allowing parents to address their substance misuse and other issues.
- Increases the number of children staying with, or returning to, their birth parents at the end of care proceedings.
- Provides a choice for parents to support engagement and relationships.
- Allows parents to have regular discussions with the Judge as part of reviewing their process.
- Close working relationships with all professionals already involved with families.
- An evaluation of other National FDACs has evidenced better outcomes for parents, children and families than in normal proceedings with more parents overcoming their substance misuse.
Get in touch
For more information email: FDAC@somerset.gov.uk