Get started

If you are worried about a vulnerable adult and would like our help, tell us about it.

  • Phone Adult Social Care on 0300 123 2224
  • Email at
  • In an emergency always contact the police by dialling 999
  • If it is not an emergency and you want to talk with the police, dial 101

We will make urgent enquiries to understand the situation and make decisions about what needs to be done next, to make sure people are safe. We will always deal with any calls in the strictest confidence.

If you would like to speak to a social worker outside of office hours please phone Adults and Mental Health out of hours on 01823 368244.

Find out more about our Thinking it? Report it campaign to protect vulnerable adults from harm