We have a vision for Somerset. Over the next ten years we want all organisations to work together as a partnership to create:
- A thriving and productive Somerset that is ambitious, confident and focused on improving people’s lives
- A county of resilient, well-connected and safe and strong communities working to reduce inequalities
- A county infrastructure that supports affordable housing, economic prosperity and sustainable public services
- A county and environment where all partners, private and voluntary sector, focus on improving the health and wellbeing of all our communities
This vision is owned by all of us; we want to work together to improve the lives of our residents. We will only achieve this if we work with partners across the county, and with Somerset’s residents and communities.
Our four priorities for improving the lives of our residents are:
1. A county infrastructure that drives productivity, supports economic prosperity and sustainable public services
2. Safe, vibrant and well-balanced communities able to enjoy and benefit from the natural environment
3. Fairer life chances and opportunity for all
4. Improved health and wellbeing and more people living healthy and independent lives for longer
Health and Wellbeing Consultation
The Somerset Health and Wellbeing Board invited residents and local organisations and communities to comment on the draft Improving Lives Strategy 2019-2028. The consultation ran for 9 weeks and is now closed. The Somerset Improving Lives Strategy 2019 – 2028 Consultation Output Report is now available.
What the Board does
Our board looks at people’s health and social care needs together, as well as taking into account the bigger picture – things like transport, housing, jobs and leisure – so that services truly help people stay healthy and independent.
Members of the board must look at the evidence of what works best to help target plans and resources. To help do this the board publishes Joint Strategic Needs Assessments
Information about future dates of meetings and past minutes of meetings
More information on the Somerset Health and Wellbeing Board
District Council Health and Wellbeing Strategy support
Mendip District Council – Working to support the Somerset Health and Wellbeing Strategy
Sedgemoor District Council – Healthy Living
South Somerset District Council – Health and Wellbeing
Somerset West and Taunton
Somerset Strategic Housing Framework Workshop Summary 2017