We are responsible for processing applications to register land as a town or village green in Somerset. We can also provide advice on grazing permits. Land used for grazing by the local community today is based on law, regular usage or tradition. Most grazed common land today consists of heath, fen and village greens.

We are also responsible for maintaining and updating the common land and town or village green registers for land in Somerset.