We deal with issues of unauthorised encampment by Gypsies and Travellers on Somerset County Council land. Use the online form below to report any illegal encampments believed to be on Somerset County Council land or highways. If it is on private land or district council land, please contact the police and the relevant district council. The service is highly visible and can be a very sensitive area of work, and as such it creates much public debate.

Report now

All sections of the community can use the service.

We have adapted our policies to ensure compliance to new legislation. Every effort is being made to ensure a balanced approached to the needs of both the settled and Traveller community.