Entry to all 16 recycling sites is free, and depositing household waste is free.
Business waste is taken at ten of the sites and charges apply, as well as a vehicle permit scheme. For more information visit business waste and recycling sites.
Charges apply for disposing of certain materials at all our sites because they are not classed as household waste. Please pay a team member by credit or debit card when you arrive at the recycling site.
- Asbestos and asbestos containing material
- Plasterboard and plaster
- Gas and oxygen bottles
- Soil and hardcore
- Motor vehicle tyres
- Vehicle parts
Asbestos and plasterboard disposal must be paid for in advance using the form below.
Asbestos and plasterboard disposal form
More detail and prices from 1 April 2023 are below. If you are unsure, ask a member of staff if your items are liable to be charged for and how much.
Payment accepted on Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards, Visa Electron and Diners Club, including contactless cards.
Gas and oxygen bottles
- £7.80 per bottle (below 10kg)
- £15.50 per bottle (10 to 20kg)
- £45.50 per bottle (specialist cylinders)
For more information see hazardous waste. Empty gas cylinders or oxygen bottles can be returned to the original supplier or manufacturer. The manufacturer is usually identified on the side of the bottle. For advice on gas container return, visit Liquid Gas UK
Soil and hardcore
There is no charge for crockery or clay flower pots, although we ask for these to be put in hardcore skips.
- No charge for a single carrier bag equivalent or less per week (not to exceed 14L or the equivalent of a small builders merchant bucket)
- £4.40 per bag (including part) size equivalent to more than a single carrier bag
- £22.70 small van or small single-axle trailer
- £45.50 medium van or medium single-axle trailer
You can find more information about permits on Apply for a recycling site waste permit
For commercial prices see business recycling.
Motor vehicle tyres
- £4.40 per unrimmed tyre
- £5.80 per rimmed tyre
- £59 per large (for example, lorry size) tyre
No charges apply for bicycle tyres (from households).