Ten Somerset recycling sites have facilities for the disposal and recycling of business waste. Charges apply.
- Bridgwater (Saltlands) recycling centre
- Chard recycling centre
- Frome recycling centre
- Highbridge recycling centre
- Minehead recycling centre
- Street recycling centre
- Taunton (Priorswood) recycling centre
- Wellington (Poole) recycling centre
- Williton recycling centre
- Yeovil recycling centre
Contact site staff on arrival.
Hazardous waste items marked in red on the price list need to be accompanied by a Hazardous Waste Transfer Note. Download and complete a copy.
If you are in the building or allied trades, or are carrying waste on behalf of a third party, you must hold a valid waste carrier’s licence from the Environment Agency.
For more information about sites and how to get a Waste Carrier’s Licence, see our frequently asked questions for commercial waste recycling centres.
Frequently asked questions for commercial waste recycling sites
For other enquiries on using sites, contact Viridor on 01823 422460.
Businesses and vehicle permits
Business users must comply with Somerset Council’s vehicle and trailer permit scheme that aims to cut congestion. Business users do not need and cannot apply for permits.
These vehicles and trailers cannot be used at any Somerset recycling site, but see business user exceptions below:
- van over 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight (GVW)
- box van
- Luton van
- agricultural vehicle
- box trailer
- trailer over three-metre floor length or with more than one axle
- any of the following vehicles while towing a trailer:
- Land Rover pick-ups.
Business users can bring commercial waste to business sites using:
- van up to 3.5T GVW
- pick-up with single or double cab
- single-axle trailer up to three-metre floor length towed by a car, including estate
- 4×4, people carrier
- car without a trailer