A higher education student living in England can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance if they have a:

  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulties like dyslexia

You can find more information about Disabled Students’ Allowances on the GOV.UK website.

You can find out information about other support available for additional needs in higher education on our Higher Education page. This also includes support applying for Disabled Students Allowance.

Last reviewed: March 6, 2024 by Helly

Next review due: September 6, 2024

Back to top