Cyber security is a top priority at Somerset Council, and we are committed to protecting our customers’ data and information from cyber threats. Our systems are continuously monitored for suspicious activity, and we use industry-leading cyber security measures to ensure the highest level of protection for personal and financial information.
Our dedicated team stays up to date on the latest cyber security trends and technologies through ongoing training and education. We provide a safe and secure environment for our customers to conduct their business with confidence.
To support our overarching cyber security policy, we have implemented a series of organisational controls, including:
- Embedding a comprehensive IT risk management regime across the authority
- Securing our network connections to the internet and other partner networks to prevent attacks
- Restricting user privileges and data access rights to minimise risks
- Providing regular user education and awareness training
- Using advanced malware prevention and detection tools
- Conducting regular software and hardware vulnerability assessments and patching processes to reduce the risk of system compromise
- Implementing system monitoring to detect and respond to actual or attempted attacks on our systems and business services
By following these measures, we ensure that our customers can trust us to keep their information safe and secure.