First, discuss your concerns with the person in charge of the setting or with your childminder, and ask to see their complaints policy. Do not delay, tell your provider straight away and explain clearly what you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint.

Complaints about the management or operation of a provision should be referred to either the childminder, Committee, Manager or Supervisor as appropriate for the setting, in the first instance.

If you are concerned about the care of your child and you have been unable to resolve the matter directly with your childcare provider, or if you have safeguarding concerns, please contact The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted) who inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people on 0300 123 4666 or through their website.

Ofsted has produced some guidance for parents and carers using childcare services