There is a flood alert in effect. Please stay safe and follow the latest Flooding information and advice.


In addition to hundreds of historic places that they care for, the National Trust also looks after also look after cottages, houses and farms available across the wider estate for tenants to let.

You can find general information about housing association homes on the website.

If you are already living in a housing association or National Trust home and have an issue about your home, such as a repair, then you must report that to your housing association or to the National Trust.

If you have already raised the issue and are unhappy about the response then you next step is to raise this as a formal complaint. Every organisation will have its own internal complaints process which can be found on their website.

For a National Trust tenant, you must first raise your complaint through all 3 stages of the trust’s complaints process before your complaint will be addressed.

For Housing Association tenants, if after you have raised your complaint through all the stages of the Association’s complaint process, you remain unhappy then your next step is to take your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman.

Last reviewed: September 19, 2023 by William

Next review due: March 19, 2024

Back to top