We are building 54 new Council homes for social rent at Rainbow Way (off Seaward Way) in Minehead, due for completion during Summer 2024. The properties will be a mix of 33 flats and 21 houses, with two, three, and four bedroom houses and one or two bedroom apartments.
The housing project has ambitious energy performance targets, being net zero in occupation. To lower energy bills for residents, we will install low carbon technologies including:
- Photovoltaic solar panels
- Thermal storage with smart controllers
- Air source heat pumps
- Innovative clay Porotherm, blocks that insulate and retain heat
- Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery
- High performance insultation and glazing
- Large Balconies to apartments
- Bin & Bike Stores with Sedum green ‘living roof’
- Electric car charging points
If you would like to know more please check out our information pack
How to rent one of our properties
Properties will be available to those registered on the Homefinder Somerset website. Priority for the new properties, a mix of two, three and four-bedroom houses and one- and two-bedroom flats will be given to those living, in or having connections to Minehead, and the adjoining parishes of Minehead Without, Selworthy, Wootton Courtenay, Timberscombe and Dunster.
For more information about home finder please see Homefinder Somerset.