Return to Social Work Programme
Closing in 102 days (31 December, 2020)
Here's what you can expect to be doing
Adult Social Care offer an in-house return to practice programme for Social workers, designed to provide experience of current practice alongside additional support arrangements.
We can offer a 6 months fixed-term contract as an Adult Social Care Practitioner (grade 13: £19,171 - £21,166 pro rata). During the 6 months we would offer the following:
- 30/60 days of supervised practice for ‘updating’ if Social Work England (SWE) registration is required
- Full induction
- Enhanced supervision
- Completion of the ‘return to Social Work: evidencing KSS in adult settings’
- Access to core essential courses for newly qualified staff
- Learning and Development input as required
- Probation reviews
Provided you gain Social Work England registration, pass probation and want to progress, you will be invited to interview for an available Social Work post. If there are no posts, you can continue to work as an Adult Social Care Practitioner (grade 13) pending availability. If successful at interview you will be offered a permanent contract as a Social Worker (grade 10: £29,636 - £33,799 per annum) and access additional learning opportunities and support. If unsuccessful at interview, we will review and develop an action plan if required.
When applying for this position, please ensure you include your complete work history and discuss your knowledge and experience of Adult Social Care in detail. There is also the opportunity to upload a supporting statement
For more information please contact Holly Stockdale, Learning and Development Lead (Social Work)
Local Government Association return to social work programme
If you are on this programme and would like to request a placement, please email your candidate profile to Holly Stockdale, Learning and Development Lead (Social Work)
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!