Social Worker - Safeguarding Adults
Closing in 2 days (17 May, 2021)
A bit about us
Somerset have an opportunity for a safeguarding social worker in our East Somerset team. With every person being different, we need a creative and experienced social worker to join us who can bring great communication and collaborative working skills and wants to work in a dynamic and supportive team.
There has never been a better time to join us. We care for our new starters and have received amazing feedback from our welfare contacts, including:
I was nervous starting a new job during such uncertain times and remotely. I didn’t need to be! My team have supported me with everything; using the systems and my wellbeing have been given the same level of importance by my manager and my buddy.
Sue, new starter in December 2020
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, within a team who are passionate about the work that they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset.
We have a strong learning culture in place that supports practitioner development, working together to find solutions for our most vulnerable adults.
We know that times are challenging and offer flexible working options.
What we can offer you
- Generous annual leave and flexible working options
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
Here's what you can expect to be doing
Our team is our biggest resource and we are a small but strong, close knit service.
You will understand adult legislation (Care Act and Mental Capacity Act) and how to implement safe practice.
Making safeguarding personal should be at the heart of your work and you will deliver positive outcomes by tailoring practice around individual needs. You will work in partnership with the community and throughout the system. Your experience and knowledge, along with a responsive attitude, should be applied to your safeguarding practice.
Part time hours will be considered.
A few things about you
You will be a qualified social worker who is dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives. To be considered for the role you will be social work qualified and registered with Social Work England.
Strong social care values, flexibility, a ‘can do’ approach and high standards are essential personal qualities as will the ability to robustly advocate for people’s human rights. You will be passionate about doing the right thing.
Access to transport is essential due to Somerset being a rural county.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over MS Teams.
If you would like to meet the team and find out more about our day to day work, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact Louise White on LXWhite@somerset.gov.uk or Claire Nuttall, Recruitment and Engagement Officer, CNuttall@Somerset.gov.uk or telephone 07977 410328.
Due to the importance of the role we recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we could be conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
In this role you will need to have a DBS check and to speak fluent English. More information is in our job pack
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!