Social Worker Health Interface Service (HIS) - Acute Hospital Team
Closing in 3 days (18 May, 2021)
A bit about us
Join us in Somerset and you won’t look back!
We were one of the first systems to have a fully functioning Intermediate Care model set up during the pandemic and it has just grown from strength to strength!
We are very proud in Somerset of our system working, we work in partnership with our communities, our health partners and our community and voluntary sector to promote the independence of our residents and enable them to achieve what they want following a hospital admission.
We are very pleased to announce we have opportunities for social workers in our Health Interface teams to provide an outstanding 7-day service working with Yeovil District Hospital and Musgrove Park Hospital. There is some flexibility about how you will work although you will need to be prepared to work from the hospital base as required.
Don’t just take my word for it, Jinto Jose, one of our fabulous social workers wanted to share this:
I started working in the Health Interface Service Team in 2015. I am proud to be a member of this small, friendly and wonderful team. Somerset is a beautiful place to live and work.
Come to HIS and join the adventure.
The Health Interface Service (HIS) works to both prevent admissions into the acute hospitals, finding quick solutions to support people to remain at home as well as supporting people upon their discharge from an acute hospital. We have developed an innovative front door admission avoidance service that supports people return home that do not require an acute admission. Join us and you will be working in one of the most exciting areas of an acute hospital, where decision making and action is fast paced but robust and person centred.
We know that times are challenging and our work is challenging too. We offer flexible working options to cover our working hours of 8am until 6pm, 7 days a week.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Find quick solutions to support individuals when they do not need an acute hospital admission by working with them, their families and our health and community partners.
- Proactively supporting timely discharge processes by working with Discharge Liaison Services
- Maintain pace and focus on the individual and their discharge
- Utilise the intermediate care model to assess services with NHS and care providers on a locality basis so that individuals remain in their own homes wherever possible.
- Work closely with community, health and the third sector, through the neighbourhood hubs to provide better outcomes for people, develop plans and reduce the need for readmission
- Use performance data and patient stories to demonstrate that the service is helping and improving outcomes for all.
What we can offer you
- Generous annual leave and flexible working options
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
A few things about you
An experienced social worker, skilled in working in partnership with other professionals as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will need sound verbal and written communication skills, including IT skills. You will need to be:
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Motivated and passionate
- Person centred in your approach
- Creative and solution focused to support people to be independent
- Able to make things happen and work at pace
Access to transport is essential due to Somerset being a rural county.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Claire Nuttall Recruitment and Engagement Officer CNuttall@Somerset.gov.uk or telephone 07977 410328
All interviews are being conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Due to the importance of the role we recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we could be conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!