Team Leader - Building Surveying
Closing in 1 days (16 May, 2021)
A bit about us
As Team Leader for Building Surveying, you will lead a team to provide professional building surveying & maintenance services, improvement and property advisory service to subscribing schools and academies across the County.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
You will be involved in the development of the annual maintenance programme, ensure Statutory Compliance and oversee the delivery of day-to-day repairs, maintenance and improvement projects. Also oversee the delivery of the condition survey programme.
A few things about you
You will have a sound knowledge of building maintenance and be well versed in health & safety and CDM regulations. You should be appropriately qualified to HNC/Degree level and will have considerable post qualification experience of the full range of building surveying duties.
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated professional with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to make a difference, this could be an opportunity for you to join a great team.
For more information, please contact Helen Acreman on 01823 355528 or 07768 801625.
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
In this role you will need to speak fluent English. More information is in our job pack.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!