Closing in 3 days (18 May, 2021)
A bit about us
Transporting Somerset requires a Passenger Assistant to work 20 hours per week as part of the Fleet Operations Team in the Mendip area
Our team provides transport for LD (Learning Disabilities), SEN (Special Educational Needs), Public Service, Health & Social trips.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
Your duties will include:
• Safe transportation of service users on SCC Vehicles.
• Completion of daily paperwork.
• The transportation of the service users within a safe and timely manner.
• Working in conjunction with a Driver to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
• To deliver a friendly and reliable service for our service users.
A few things about you
You will need to have a willingness to work as part of a flexible and committed team.If you have experience in transporting passengers with a variety of needs, or the willingness to learn, and if you would care to join our team, please click “Apply online”. We would love to hear from you.
The salary for this role is £10,033 to £10,234 per annum.
If this is a customer facing role you will ned to speak fluent English
For an informal discussion about the post please contact James Warren on 07976 799802.
We also have relief opportunities available. Relief patterns vary depending on the needs of the service and how much you wish to work. The current relief rate of pay is £9.62 per hour
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!