Family Intervention Worker - Family Intervention Service
Closing in 8 days (30 September, 2021)
A bit about us
Somerset County Council have exciting opportunities for Relief Family Intervention Workers. The Family Intervention Service (FIS) is a specialist county-wide service, which offers support and interventions to children, young people and their families. We deliver a bespoke intervention package working with them at an early stage to help them stay safe and reduce the risks of family breakdown.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, within a team who are passionate about the work that they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great learning and development opportunities, along with a very supportive leadership team.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
Key purpose of the role….
Using a strengths-based approach, our workers ‘get alongside’ families to help them identify what it is they want to change and why, and then build sustainable family plans for change. We support families along the journey of change and are there to help them celebrate their successes.
A few things about you
You will be passionate about working with children and young people and be able to quickly build up effective relationships based on trust and respect. You’ll be robust, confident and resilient in your approach and be able to engage with carers and families many who will have complex needs. Teamwork is essential to the role to ensure we are sharing best practice and new ideas in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for families across Somerset.
You’ll be flexible to:
- support children, young people and their families and act as a keyworker in helping families to identify their strengths and challenges, and what could make the difference to them in achieving their very best family outcomes.
- support a family in developing an action plan, and then in making the changes identified.
- work alongside families, so out of hours, evening and weekend working is necessary, on a rota basis.
The salary for this role is £11.49 per hour.
We have relief positions available county wide and are very open to flexible working options. These roles offer a flexible working life, making a positive difference to the lives of the families you support whilst fitting your working hours around your other life and family commitments. You will need to be able to travel to meet the requirements of this post and be available to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
For further information or an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact:
Operations Manager: Sam Fahey on 07977 411298 SFahey@somerset.gov.uk,
Operations Manager: Kama McKenzie on 07811 307245 KMcKenzie@somerset.gov.uk
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example via Microsoft Teams.
As this is a rolling advert, interviews will be taking place at least once a month, usually within 2 weeks of the last closing date.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
What we can offer you…
- Generous annual leave and flexible working options
- Great career development opportunities, including various supported routes into social work
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!