Social Worker Adults - Relocation package available
Closing in 13 days (6 June, 2022)
Here's what you can expect to be doing
With landscapes of outstanding beauty, world heritage and medieval sites steeped in history, beaches, cliff top walks, local produce, festivals…. What’s not to love about Somerset?
Bring your Social Worker skills and experience to Somerset County Council and enjoy being part of our Community Teams in the most beautiful settings.
Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £8,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Somerset.
You’ll have the freedom to be innovative, to influence change, and the opportunity to really touch people’s lives. We need your help and expertise to support people and families to stay independent for longer in their communities.
Will consider Newly Qualified Social Workers.
You will be:
- Unafraid to do things differently and in your own creative way!
- Encouraged to express your ideas
- Knowledgeable about Adult Social Care
- Solution focused to support people to be independent
- Passionate about advocating for others
- Registered with Social Work England
- Encouraging people to be independent, to help them grow their confidence and make the most of the support available to suit their individual needs
- Identifying what people and families are worried about or what they want to achieve, what support they already have and what they need.
- Develop great knowledge of your local area, work in partnership with local agencies.
- Provide creative solutions to people at local drop-ins and in assessments.
A bit about us
Somerset County Council are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management.
In return, we provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our Social Workers;
- 29 days annual leave and flexible working options
- Ongoing support from our dedicated Learning & Development team
- Development opportunities
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
All Social Worker interviews will take place virtually over Teams. Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Got a question about becoming a Social Worker with Somerset County Council? Feel free to get in touch with Helen Readdy on HReaddy@somerset.gov.uk
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don't delay, apply today!
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedureApply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!