Social Worker - Hospitals (Adults)
Closing in 18 days (31 August, 2022)
Here's what you can expect to be doing
'I started working in the Health Interface Service Team in 2015. I am proud to be a member of this small, friendly and wonderful team. Somerset is a beautiful place to live and work.' Jinto Jose, Social Worker
When we’re not well, home is the place we want to be. And if we do need to go to hospital, we want to be able to recover and go back to our usual independent routines as quickly and as safely as possible.
We’re looking for a Social Worker who can help support people to remain at home where viable as well as empowering people to remain independent upon their discharge from an acute hospital. Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £8,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Somerset.
You’ll work with Yeovil District Hospital and Musgrove Park Hospital.
We offer flexible working options to cover our working hours of 8am until 6pm, 7 days a week.
You will be:
- Unafraid to do things differently and in your own creative way!
- Given the freedom to be innovative
- Person centred in your approach
- Be able to make things happen and work at pace
- Encouraged to express your ideas
- Registered with Social Work England
- Tailoring solutions around individuals needs when they do not need an acute hospital admission by working with them, their families and our health and community partners
- Proactively supporting timely discharge processes by working with Discharge Liaison Services
- Maintain pace and focus on the individual and their discharge
- Utilise the intermediate care model to assess services with NHS and care providers on a locality basis so that individuals remain in their own homes wherever possible.
- Work closely with community, health and the third sector, through the neighbourhood hubs to provide better outcomes for people, develop plans and reduce the need for readmission
We were one of the first areas to have a fully functioning Intermediate Care model set up during the pandemic and it has just grown from strength to strength!
We work collaboratively with our communities, our health partners and our community and voluntary sector to promote the independence of our residents and enable them to achieve what they want following a hospital admission.
Our innovative front door admission avoidance service supports people to return home that do not require an acute admission.
Join us and you'll be working in one of the most exciting areas of an acute hospital, where decision making and action is fast paced but robust and person centred.
In return, we provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our Social Workers.
- 29 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and flexible working options
- Ongoing support from our dedicated Learning & Development team
- Development opportunities
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- My Staff Shop which offers discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
All Social Worker interviews will take place virtually over Teams. Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Got a question about becoming a Social Worker with Somerset County Council? Feel free to get in touch with Maxine Walton on MLWalton@somerset.gov.uk
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don't delay, apply today!
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!