Senior Occupational Therapist - Adults
Closing in 18 days (31 August, 2022)
Here's what you can expect to be doing
'I just wanted to say thank you for your professionalism and for caring so much. You have taken a great deal off my mind at this difficult time'. Resident in Mendip.
Are you an Occupational Therapist looking for career advancement? Can you provide inspirational leadership while also ensuring local residents have the opportunities to lead happy, healthy independent lives?
We are seeking a knowledgeable Senior Occupational Therapist to provide leadership and inspiration to one of our locality teams.
Join us and help shape the way that adult services are delivered!
You will be:
- Brave in your approach to work, not afraid to do things differently where it genuinely benefits the people we serve
- An experienced leader
- Driven by your passion for making a genuinely positive difference to lives of people in the local communities
- Be able to make strong community connections
- Knowledgeable about Adult Social Care
- Solution focused to support people to be independent
- Passionate about advocating for others
- Registered with HCPC
- You will provide supervision for your team’s Occupational Therapists and work to develop the Occupational Therapy workforce alongside our Principal Occupational Therapist
- Opportunity to shape how services in your area are delivered, designing the way that your team operates and bringing in creative ways of working
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to find creative solutions to best support a person’s needs
A bit about us
We have created a workplace that enables our people to carry out their very best work. If you work for Somerset County Council, you will be equipped with cutting-edge technology that will help you do your job better and more flexibly.
We want everyone who joins us to learn and grow in their roles, setting themselves up for a prosperous career. To support this, we offer a range of training and development opportunities, both in-house and externally.
We provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our Occupational Therapists. Click to see the full list of what we can offer you
- 29 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and flexible working options
- Ongoing support from our dedicated Learning & Development team
- Development opportunities
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- My Staff Shop which offers discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
All Occupational Therapist interviews will take place virtually over Teams. Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Got a question about becoming a Senior Occupational Therapist with Somerset County Council? Get in touch with Paulette Baker, Principal Occupational Therapist on 07976 693739.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don't delay, apply today!
Salary: up to £39,571 per annum
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!