Safeguarding Lead Adults
Closing in 10 days (23 August, 2022)
A bit about us
We're looking for a Safeguarding Lead to join our Safeguarding Adults team. This could be the role for you if you are a registered profession (e.g. a social worker or occupational therapist) with experience of Adult Social Care and Safeguarding.
It’s an exciting time to join Somerset. We are changing the way we work to focus on promoting independence for everyone – so that people can do the things that matter most to them and live the life they want to live, free of abuse.
We are a hardworking, committed and friendly team of experienced and capable practitioners. We offer a variety of training, development opportunities and staff benefits that include generous annual leave entitlements, relocation support, staff discounts, pension scheme. We offer technology that enables our staff to work flexibly across the area to meet the demands of the role.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
In Somerset County Council, safeguarding adults at risk of abuse or neglect means supporting an individual to live a life free from fear of harm or abuse, where they are in the driving seat to determine what outcomes they want to achieve to help keep them safe.
You will undertake statuary duties to safeguarding adults in Somerset. Working directly with people at risk, their families, commissioned services, multiple partner agencies to formulate protection plans and support people to lead safe lives.
A large part of your role will be to support the business of the service and the social workers to undertake safeguarding enquiries.
We are looking for Adult Safeguarding Leads whose role will include;
- providing expert advice, support and leadership that motivates social care staff and our partners.
- supporting staff to work within the legislative and procedural framework of adult social care
- working collaboratively and in partnership to protect Somerset residents through the effective implementation of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements
- leading the adult safeguarding service within a performance management framework that strengthens the delivery of a high performing social care team
- influencing a highly effective and well-managed adult service that places the service user at the centre of our delivery
A few things about you
- We are looking for people who have extensive safeguarding adult experience and extensive adult social care experience.
- As this role involves line managing Social Workers and undertaking statutory duties, you will need to be a registered professional.
- You will be highly motivated and willing to lead on work to enhance the experience people at risk experience.
- Is innovative, creative and solution focused in supporting people to be independent.
All Social Worker interviews will take place virtually over Teams. Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
If you would like more information then please get in touch to have to a chat. Please contact Louise White, Safeguarding Operations Manager on 07977 401915 or LXWhite@somerset.gov.uk.
This role has a current salary of £35,336 - £39,527 per annum.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don't delay, apply today!
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management.
In return, we provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our Safeguarding Leads. Click to see the full list of what we can offer you
- 29 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and flexible working options
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!