In some libraries you can connect to the internet with laptops and other mobile devices
In some Somerset libraries you can connect to the internet with laptops and other mobile devices.
All public computer services, including Wi-Fi are self-help. Staff cannot configure your laptop or mobile device.
Access to the library Wi-Fi is free and available to LibrariesWest members. (Somerset is part of LibrariesWest. Members of the Library Services in Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, North Somerset, Poole and South Gloucestershire can use the Wi-Fi in Somerset Libraries).
If you are a visitor to the area you can also register with the library service for short-term Wi-Fi access. You must provide some contact details.
Wi-Fi is available during library opening hours. There are no restrictions on how long you can use it but sessions are set to time out after 60 minutes. This means you will have to re-enter your details to continue using the system.
Printing is not available using Wi-Fi. If members wish to print they will need to switch to a public access computer, to which charges apply.
1. Somerset Libraries cannot guarantee that the Wi-Fi service will be compatible with any equipment or hardware.
2. Somerset Libraries cannot guarantee the availability of Wi-Fi services.
3. Somerset Libraries cannot guarantee network speeds or internet availability.
4. Public Wi-Fi is a self-help service and library staff cannot provide technical assistance to customers using the wireless network.
5. All internet content is passed through a central web filtering system to safeguard against offensive or illegal material being viewed in the library. Log files of browsing activity are retained so that, as providers of an internet service, Somerset Libraries can respond to official requests for information and comply with legislation such as the Data Protection Act.
6. Somerset Libraries cannot be held responsible for the privacy or security of your activities. It is strongly recommended that you take due care when transmitting confidential information such as credit card details over the Internet. For more information about online security, visit www.getsafeonline.org
7. Somerset Libraries cannot be held responsible for any losses resulting from sending confidential information over the internet, nor from the non-availability of web sites for any reason.
8. Somerset Libraries assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Wi-Fi facility. Use of the Wi-Fi facility is entirely at your own risk, and we will not accept any liability for any loss of any kind that may arise from you using such equipment on the Wi-Fi facility.
9. It is your responsibility to provide antivirus protection for your equipment or hardware. Library staff cannot configure your laptop, wireless adapter or mobile device. We cannot accept responsibility for damage incurred to your equipment or hardware through your failure to protect it through appropriate software or by incomplete security settings.
10. To access Wi-Fi you will be asked to accept Somerset Libraries computer use terms and conditions when you log-in. A full copy is available on our Computers in Libraries page.
Wi-Fi Public Access Policy
Feedback - was this information helpful?
We will use your feedback to improve this website. Please tell us if we have got something wrong, if there is something missing or if something isn't working.
What do you want to tell us about?
---Information on pageA problem with the websiteA Council service
You can tell us about this on the complaints, comments and compliments page.
Tell us about the problem
---Not correct/out of dateNot clearNot working
Describe the problem
Please leave this field empty.