Authority Monitoring Reports
The Authority Monitoring Report (AMR) assess the performance of planning policies and considers the progress of emerging policy documents.
AMRs are currently produced on a former district area basis as each geographical area has a different set of planning policies within its Local Plan. There are also AMRs for Somerset that were produced to monitor the performance of Minerals and Waste Plan policies.
Earlier reports are available on request.
Somerset West and Taunton
Local Aggregate Assessment
Evaluates the potential supply and demand of aggregates in the county. The National Planning Policy Framework requires Minerals Planning Authorities to plan for a steady and adequate supply of aggregates. This is achieved by operating an Aggregate Working Party (AWP) which provides input to each Mineral Planning Authority’s Local Aggregate Assessment (LAA). All of the latest information and resources for the SW AWP are held on Cornwall Council’s website
- Minerals Topic Paper 1 – Aggregates(Sep 2013)
- Somerset LAA – Seventh Edition (2020-2021)
- Somerset LAA – Sixth Edition (2017-2019)
- Somerset LAA – Fifth Edition (to 2016)
- Somerset LAA – Fourth Edition (to 2015)
- Somerset LAA – Third Edition (to 2014)
- Somerset LAA – Second Edition (to 2013)
- Somerset LAA – First Edition (to 2012)
- Benefits of Quarrying to the Somerset Economy(Jul 2014)
- Somerset Authority Monitoring Report 2015-16
- Somerset Authority Monitoring Report for Waste and Minerals 2016-19