You can apply for planning permission for mineral related developments, such as mineral extraction and ancillary works, quarries, peat workings and processing plants in Somerset. We monitor the sites regularly and take enforcement action when appropriate.

Anyone can submit a planning application, but because of the complexity of the information required to be submitted with a mineral related planning application, we recommend that a planning agent is used to submit mineral applications.