Navigate this page
Back to Care and support for adults


A financial assessment works out what you should pay towards your care and support



If, following your care and support assessment, it is agreed that we will provide a Personal Budget or can help support you, someone from our Financial Assessment and Benefits (FAB) Team will talk to you to work out what contribution you pay. This is called a financial assessment.

The FAB Team is part of Somerset Council. All our FAB officers carry official identification.

At the same time, they can check that you are receiving all the benefits that you are entitled to.

The FAB officer will ask you about your income and spending, and will need to see your bank statements and evidence of any capital and savings you have.

If you are under 62 you can make a claim for working age benefits by contacting Jobcentre Plus on 0345 604 3719.

Independent help and advice is available from the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Last reviewed: January 9, 2024 by Victoria

Next review due: July 9, 2024

Back to top