Occupational Therapist - Relocation package available
Closing in 13 days (6 June, 2022)
Here's what you can expect to be doing
“I just really wanted to Thank you from the bottom of my heart, on behalf of my Father and myself for the endless help, advice and determination. You have shown real compassion, and care for the welfare of the people you are assigned to, and have given your all to protect my Fathers needs, treating him as an individual not as a stereotype.” Family member of a Resident in Somerset's care.
Full and part time positions available. Subject to meeting qualifying conditions, we offer relocation of up to £8,000 to use towards the cost of relocating to Somerset.
Are you an Occupational Therapist looking for the freedom to be innovative, to influence change, and to really touch people’s lives in your own creative way? Then we have the role for you…
Somerset County Council are seeking a dynamic Occupational Therapist to support one of the Community Teams.
You will be:
- Encouraged to express your ideas
- Knowledgeable about Adult Social Care
- Solution focused to support people to be independent
- Passionate about advocating for others
- Registered with HCPC
- Supporting people at home to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to find creative solutions to best support a person’s needs
A bit about us
Somerset County Council are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset.
In return, we provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our Occupational Therapists;
- 29 days annual leave and flexible working options
- Ongoing support from our dedicated Learning & Development team
- Development opportunities
- Local Government pension scheme
- Optional pension enhancement through our additional voluntary contribution scheme
- Employee assistance and support offering a variety of wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- A flexible benefits platform including cycle to work and health screening schemes
- ‘My staff shop’ which offers excellent discounts at a variety of retailers including; cinemas, restaurants, clothing stores and insurance providers
- Gym discounts
- Discounted lease car options via salary sacrifice, along with discounts on fuel
- Generous relocation allowance
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for social care staff
All Occupational Therapist interviews will take place virtually over Teams. Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Got a question about becoming an Occupational Therapist with Somerset County Council? Get in touch with Paulette Baker, Principal Occupational Therapist on 07976 693739 or Helen Readdy, Recruitment and Engagement Officer, on HReaddy@somerset.gov.uk
In this customer facing role you will need to speak Fluent English.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don't delay, apply today!
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.Apply now
Ambitious, fast-paced, energetic and collaborative Working for the council
There’s a lot about Somerset County Council that might surprise you. Probably will surprise you.
We’re responsible for the most significant services across the whole of the county, like education, social care and waste management. Everything we do we do to improve the lives of each and every one of our 550,000 residents, not to mention the millions of people who visit our county every year.Find out more
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Sign up for our job alerts, and be the first to know when a new vacancy is live!