The Statutory SEND Team deliver all of the local authority’s statutory duties in relation to SEND:
- Managing the statutory EHC needs assessment process
- Reviewing the Education, Health, and Care plans (EHC plans)
- Commissioning of educational placements/packages for children and young people who have EHC plans
- Chairing and coordinating the multi-agency statutory panel
- Ensuring provision of independent information, advice and support service for parents/carers and children/young people
- Dispute resolution including disagreement resolution, mediations and tribunals
How to contact the Statutory SEND team
Contact Somerset Council who can provide a wide range of information and advice to families and educational settings about SEND processes. This is supported by a duty officer from the Statutory SEND Team for any enquiries which need a more detailed response from the team.
The number is 0300 123 2224 and operates 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
EHCP myth busting and information session
The Somerset Statutory SEND Team joined us to run an information session on Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) in October 2023 Local Offer Live. They explained the process and answered the most commonly asked questions from parents, and busted some myths. You can watch the video below.