The Statutory SEND Team deliver all of the local authority’s statutory duties in relation to SEND:
- Managing the statutory EHC needs assessment process
- Reviewing the Education, Health, and Care plans (EHC plans)
- Commissioning of educational placements/packages for children and young people who have EHC plans
- Chairing and coordinating the multi-agency statutory panel
- Ensuring provision of independent information, advice and support service for parents/carers and children/young people
- Dispute resolution including disagreement resolution, mediations and tribunals
How to contact the Statutory SEND team
Contact Somerset Council who can provide a wide range of information and advice to families and educational settings about SEND processes. This is supported by a duty officer from the Statutory SEND Team for any enquiries which need a more detailed response from the team.
The number is 0300 123 2224 and operates 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.