Some families in Somerset will be entitled to financial help to support their children’s learning and care. Some of this may be income related but some will be open to all families.
This section of Somerset’s Local Offer will talk about some of the options which might be useful including:
- Funding for 2-year-olds who meet the criteria
- The early year’s entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds
- Support with childcare costs for working parents
- Free school meals
- Financial support for vulnerable households which are struggling to afford household essentials this winter
- Food support for families in Somerset
If you are not sure what you are entitled to or where to start visit our page on money advice for a list of people who can help you.
If you are on a low income, have an illness or disability, are unemployed or are a carer, you may be entitled to claim extra money to help you with your living costs. Please visit the benefits page in related content to find out more.