Community Inclusion and Activity Team
The Community Inclusion and Activity Team (formerly the Short Breaks Team) helps and supports children and young people 0 to 18 years with a disability or additional need and their families, to try out new things, have fun and access their local community. They support grant-funded activities that run across Somerset, this includes holiday activities and regular clubs.
Emma introduces the support information and guidance available from the Community Inclusion and Activity Team during Local Offer Live week.
You can view the Community Inclusion and Activity Team Club Activities Booklet here
There are also exciting free activity day passes for a variety of locations and the Somerset MAX Card for families to use. Free Activity Day Passes are available all year round for all families in Somerset with a child or young person with a disability or additional need.
Our activity calendar for the holidays is available here.
You can keep up to date following @LocalOfferSomerset Facebook page.
Our office phone line, 01823 358117 is open, or you can email email@example.com, so families can contact us.
Websites and activity suggestions
Our Somerset Local Offer Events Calendar
Get outside in Somerset
Websites with activities
- Parent Carer Forum Health and wellbeing sessions – All sessions need to be booked, but all sessions are free. You can see a list of events and book your free session here. Also, don’t forget our ‘Time to Talk’ sessions, you can find out more here.
- Sound Lab – Interactive online music and composition workshops for young people aged 14 and over with ASD/ASC
- Sound Lab Facebook information
Free Super 1s cricket sessions
One of our local Parent and Family Support advisers (PFSA), Jen Lynch, has created 2 useful guides on things you can do at home over this time.
Guide for primary age
Guide for Secondary Age
- 101 fun things to do at home whilst self-isolating
- Children’s Air Ambulance – The Crew Stay At Home Activity Pack Issue One
- Children’s Air Ambulance – The Crew Stay At Home Activity Pack Issue Three
- Create a Flying Crane Zoetrope
- Exploring the Outside World
- Facebook – Creative Isolation Creative Lives under lockdown
- Frome Children’s Festival – Activity ideas for all
- Frome Toy Library
- Gympanzees – From exercise videos, activities, ideas, Zoom sessions with a qualified therapist and borrowing specialist play and exercise equipment.
- Home Activities Master
- Internet safety information for children and parents
- Somerset Activity Sports Partnership – be active at home
- Somerset Art Works – At Home With Nature
- Twinkl social story – returning to school