Housing Services website information is moving
The District Councils and County Council will become one unitary authority on 1 April 2023. This means there will be one website that you will use for your housing information and anything else that you usually go to your district website for.
When the websites become one, this page address www.somerset.gov.uk/housing will take you to a new housing section that covers all of Somerset. This web address is shown on your recent letter and when used after the the beginning of April 2023, will take you to the new Somerset Council website housing section.
You will be able to do everything that you can do now on your district website on the new Somerset Council website.
Find current housing information for your district
As our new Somerset Council website is not available until 1 April 2023, please continue to use your district council website until then to find the information you need.
What Housing Services includes
Housing services include:
Landlord Services (services for homes owned by the council)
- rent collection
- repairs and maintenance including damp and mould
- offering advice and support to tenants
- sheltered housing
- listening to your views through events, forums and boards
- new council housing developments
- Anti-social behaviour
- Planned Maintenance (Capital Works Programme)
- Compliance (safety related matters such as gas, fire, carbon monoxide, asbestos, electrical)
- reducing homelessness
- housing options
- rough sleeping
Other support and services
- Housing supply (housing enabling)
- Housing strategy